Technical information on GigaBlox and GigaBlox Rugged for vibration, mechanical shock and humidity

I would like to ask for specifications/technical information on the Gigablox (BB-GGB-C-1) and Gigablox Rugged (BB-GGR-C-2):

• Are they tested against vibration, mechanical shock and humidity?
  • Are they designed to, or have been used in, environments that experience frequent vibration, mech shock and humidity?
  • Does either board have any vibration/shock sensitive components (i.e. crystals, oscillators, etc)?
  • Are they tested against vibration, mechanical shock and humidity?

We are actually completing these tests this week which will include temperature, temperature shock, humidity, vibration and pressure to MIL-STD-810G requirements. We are not doing a mechanical shock test this week. BB-GGB-C-1, BB-UBS-B-1 and BB-SWI-B-1 have been tested as fully operational up to 30,000 feet (30kPa) for 1 hour and during a rapid decompression from 40,000 feet (18.7kPa) to 8000 feet (75kPa). BB-UBS-B-1 has also been tested at extreme high pressure at 8000 PSI (deep-sea applications).

• Are they designed to, or have been used in, environments that experience frequent vibration, mech shock and humidity?

Yes, our rugged range of products are designed for use in flight vehicles and thus are frequently exposed to high shock, vibration and high humidity environments. Many customers also use our standard range in the same environments, but these typically boards have lower temperature ranges.

• Does either board have any vibration/shock sensitive components (i.e. crystals, oscillators, etc)?

Most of our boards use crystal oscillators. BB-UBS-B-1 and BB-GGR-C-2 use MEMS oscillators to fulfil high pressure requirements. The other components susceptible to vibration are the connectors; BB-UBS-B-1 uses locking connectors which are better for high vibration, most of our other boards use friction lock connectors which still work but are more susceptible to vibration. Test data about this will be available after the tests complete this week.

A full report on all our boards will be available in a month or so after all our tests have concluded.