How do I install BloxOS on RuggedSOM

– Copied from customer email –

I am trying to install the program with the simple version on SD card. I downloaded the rasberrypi program which I opened under windoxws, Choose the device and select none it’s good

Operating system I cannot find the BloxOs file
How should it be done?

Also, for the advance version, you must connect the ID pin at the top (3.3V)
On USB this is correct for what ID pin?
5V, or data + or data - or ground

For installing the BloxOs software on an SD card, you need to download it from our page. See this link at the top of the documentation page. From there, you can select it from your filesystem within the ‘Operating System’ tab in the raspberry pi programmer software.

Given that you’re using the RuggedSOM with SD card, you actually don’t need to worry about the USB interface as this is only relevant for those who wish to program the eMMC module variants. That being said, the answer to your question is that you pull the ID pin high (3.3V) on the USB-OTG breakout board. This is so your host machine interprets that it acts as USB host on that USB port. Correspondingly, when programming the eMMC, the CPU on the board acts as a USB device. As mentioned in the docs, you can pull the ID pin on the breakout board high using the 3.3V pin on the J2 UART interface.

You can use any USB-OTG breakout board you have. The one I use is: USB Micro-B Breakout Board : ID 1833 : $1.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits.