DroneNet for AP

Hi, I’m interested in the Dronenet for AP.

1. I saw that the product is still in development with Tridge working on the software. Does that mean only the next stable AP version will support the use of Dronenet, or are you referring to the dronenet firmware?
  2. My usage includes connecting the uart port to the cube and an eth rf telecom to the switch with the board converting the messages, and with a couple more eth devices to the switch. My home station will need to send his eth packets to what dst.ip so they will reach the cube?
  3. In this system, how can the CAN port be used? Does the dronenet also have a can to uart converter or can the user choose between uart and can to eth?

I saw that the product is still in development with Tridge working on the software. Does that mean only the next stable AP version will support the use of Dronenet, or are you referring to the dronenet firmware?

Development is still super early, and I don’t have an answer for you on this yet.

My usage includes connecting the uart port to the cube and an eth rf telecom to the switch with the board converting the messages, and with a couple more eth devices to the switch. My home station will need to send his eth packets to what dst.ip so they will reach the cube?

Yes, that’s the idea.

In this system, how can the CAN port be used? Does the dronenet also have a can to uart converter or can the user choose between uart and can to eth?

I can’t answer this question.

To be totally honest, @tridge can answer these. I’ll loop him in.

@KANYAN_2470 the firmware for the DroneNet board is working on a test development board, but not yet tested on real hardware as I don’t have a sample board from BotBlox yet. Support for talking to DroneNet is in the 4.5.x stable releases.
The IP of the DroneNet board is configurable, then by default the flight controller will get the next IP. For example, if DroneNet has an IP of 192.168.13.14 then the flight controller will be 192.168.13.15.
Currently the CAN port can be used to configure the DroneNet board. You can connect with DroneCAN GUI tool or with MissionPlanner DroneCAN UI and set the IP of the DroneNet board. In the future we will likely support bridging DroneCAN onto the ethernet link.
Cheers, Tridge

1 Like