Can I use SwitchBlox to connect to my sonar sensors and cameras?

Hello.
I am Salihcan Tunç from werover company
As Werover, we are producing an underwater robot. Among the products we use, we also use bluerobotics products. I also use imagenex 831A and imagenex scanning 852 sonars and orpihe cam 300 and dvlA50 sensors and cameras. SwitchBlox - Small Ethernet Switch model you are selling is suitable for my system. I attach the datasheets of the sonars to the attachment. Please let me know if this product is suitable for me.

You can’t attach PDFs here, but you’ve given the names of each sensor, so let’s take a look.

Imagenex 831A
Uses RS-485, not ethernet. You can’t directly use this with SwitchBlox without first converting the RS-485 to ethernet. Something like this would work. If that’s too big, you could use an ethernet to TTL serial (like this) and then a TTL serial to RS-485 like this. That’s a bit inelegant so you’d probably want to build one first and test first. We did actually have a design for a super compact multi-serial (TTL, 485, 422) to ethernet (SerialBlox) but we never released it. That might change in the future but no plans to release at the moment.

You could also use DroneNet. That has a RS-485 port along with five ethernet ports. However that’s not released yet.

Imagenex 831A
Also uses RS-485. Same limitations apply.

Orpihe cam 300
The webpage mentions it uses ethernet but it doesn’t say whether it’s 10BASE-T, 100BASE-T or 1000BASE-T. SwitchBlox can accomodate 10BASE-T and 100BASE-T, but not 1000BASE-T.

Scaning 852
Also uses RS-485. Same limitations apply.

Your device needs to use ethernet for you to be able to use it with an ethernet switch :slight_smile:

Hello there, What is the difference between SwitchBlox - Small Ethernet Switch and SwitchBlox NDAA Compliant card, the devices I use support 10BASE-T, but which of these two cards do I get better results, what different results do I get?, 100BASE-T

Josh Elijah via BotBlox Technical Support Forum <notifications@botblox1.discoursemail.com>, 31 Tem 2024 Çar, 01:10 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

There is no performance difference at all. They are the same design, but just use a different supply chain and manufacturer. You can use either interchangeably.